24.2.12

shopping: kate spade bus tour

Fist off, please ignore my tired puffy eyes, I've been hit hard with early allergies.  This was the first time in days I didn't have to wear my glasses.  Which has an old rx and I can barely see out of.

The other night I lured Voss to the Florence Broadhurst bus tour at Nordstrom with free champagne and a performance by the Vivian Girls - if you read Nylon you probably know who they are, which is a cute indie girl pop/rock group. 

We shopped the new Florence Broadhurst for Kate Spade line and enjoyed some champagne. Voss played devils advocate and convinced me to buy this dress (below). I've been wanting a fluffy cocktail dress for sometime and this is exactly what I had in mind. Can't be having too much fun in it cause I'm notoriously a klutz and spill on all my clothes. 

Decided to hit the town in my Jason Wu for Target dress and thankfully no one else was wearing it. Although there were a ton of adorable girls. 

I didn't know much about Florence Broadhurst so I did a quick interweb search and it turns out she was murdered in her factory and they never solved the case!!  They think the "granny killer" most likely did it.  K-razy.


got this book with my purchase. 
  

Even Voss dressed the part. :)  

wearing:
sweater ~ J. Crew {last seen here}
dress ~ Jason Wu for Target {on Ebay of course, last seen here}
turban ~ UO
bag ~ See by Chloe
brogues ~ Halogen {last seen here}
 tights ~ Target

The bus will be in Seattle through Saturday and has a few other stops.  See if they'll be in a city near you!

xo
alicia

1 comment:

  1. Firstly, you look totally adorbs in that first photo. Secondly, I am totally jealous of that amazingly cute dress you got. Good friend for talking you into buying that! :)

    xo
    Lizzie
    placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete